.jpg)
Jeremy and I were friends for a long time before we started dating. I think that was the key to me actually trusting someone enough to end up with him. I had spent enough time with Jeremy to know that he was a good person and he wasn't just putting on a show to impress me. Once we started dating, that didn't change. Jeremy has always known who he is and he isn't afraid to be that person. Luckily that person is really amazing.
One thing I have always noticed about Jeremy is how quick he is to help others. I cannot count the number of times that he has run over to help an older woman load a heavy sack of rice or flour into her shopping cart, or lend a hand to someone who is struggling to reach a high shelf or load something in their car. I am ashamed to say that 99% of the time, I haven't even noticed that these people were struggling until Jeremy lends a hand.
Jeremy is a great husband and father. He works long days and most weekends to support our family. Most of the time he is exhausted, but he is the first one to point out how blessed we are to have work and the ability to pay our bills. He spends as much time as he can with the boys - working with them in the yard, taking them out shooting, watching movies with them, even taking them on occassional side jobs. The boys love their dad and whenever that front door opens, they come running and cheering "Daddy!!" Jeremy is good about helping me with the kids. He changes diapers daily, he gets the boys ready for church every Sunday, he tucks them in at night. Jeremy is also the one who arranges for babysitters so he can take me out on dates.
The thing I love most about Jeremy is that he loves me for who I am, the good and the not so good. I am so grateful that I am married to a man that turns a blind eye (ar at least acts like he does) to my imperfections and failures. Jeremy is my best friend. He is someone I can talk to, and laugh with, and I feel so lucky to have him as a husband.
3 comments:
what a good looking couple.
Such a cute picture of you two!!
What a sweet post Ton, and I love the picture of you and Jeremy.
I loved your idea of doing a post for each one of your boys for Valentines Day. It has been fun to read them.
They are lucky to have you for a wife and mother!
Post a Comment