Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Break Trip - Day 5

Our final day in Oregon started in Cascade Locks.


This was our view from our hotel room in Cascade Locks.  It had a nice view of the Columbia River and The Bridge of the Gods.


We drove back through the gorge and stopped at Horsetail Falls.  This picture was taken by a nice German man that we met there.


I snapped this picture because I loved all the pretty work along the roads on the Historic Columbia River Highway.

We stopped again at Multnomah Falls.  It was way less crazy first thing in the morning.  I was glad we stopped again because I could get a good picture of the beautiful lodge there.  You can see the falls in the background.

I, of course, took advantage of the calmer atmosphere and snapped a few more shots.



I believe these were called Wahkeena Falls.  They were another easy stop right on the road.


One last look at the Gorge as we were driving out.

After spending part of the day in the Gorge we drove to the Portland Airport and checked in.  We had lunch there, which I only mention because I had my first Banh Mi sandwich, and it was delicious. ( I am wishing I was at the Portland Airport right now so I could have another one.)  I will have to find a way to recreate that sandwich here at home.  Jeremy is pretty good with Asian food, so we will probably be able to figure it out together.

We flew to Phoenix and picked up our little boys at Emma's house.  They had a great time there with Emma, Ben and their cousins - - thanks guys!!  We headed back to Taylor and we are glad to all be together again.

I asked Dallin and Thomas what their favorite part of the trip was.  Dallin said he loved all of it, but he loved the ocean most of all.  Thomas said he couldn't pick a favorite it was all perfect.  I said "Wow, there is nothing you would change?"  He said "Stay longer."  They both keep asking when we are going to take a trip to Oregon again.  It was a successful trip for sure!!

No comments: