Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pinewood Derby and House Progress

We had our pack pinewood derby a couple of weeks ago.  We can never seem to make our cars very fast.  I think that some dads are just way way way more into it than Jeremy is.  However, Jeremy has always been good at woodworking and he is pretty creative, so the boys always do well in show.  This year Dallin took first in show and Thomas took second.  That was nice since last year Thomas took first in show and Dallin's first year he took second in show.  This was Dallin's last year of pinewood derby.  All three of his cars are red and they will look really good together in his room in the new house.  I would take a nice shot of all three of them together, but that will have to wait until he has that new room because right now his first two are buried deep in storage.


Dallin with his champion red Mustang.  (I know, I totally get mother of the year award for getting my boys'  awards sewn on their shirts in such a timely manner.)


Thomas with his 2nd place red angry bird.  Both of the boys cars were really cute!!

Thomas has one more year and next year Jack will be making a pinewood derby too.  With five boys we still have a lot of pinewood derby cars to look forward to.  We are down five, just ten to go!!



Now, onto a house update.  We haven't made a lot of progress, since we went to Oregon on spring break and then Jeremy spent the next week down with the flu.  But finally today he finished getting the fill dirt in the foundation and getting it compacted.  I was shocked at how much time this took, and I was even more shocked at how expensive fill dirt is.  Yikes!!

 
This is a shot from the other side of the house.  We obviously haven't prepared the porches or garage yet, as they will be poured later.


But - - the portions for the actual house are all nice and level and compacted - - - - just in time for the plumber to come in and dig them all up!  :)


No comments: