Monday, September 2, 2013

Dallin is Nine!



Can it really be so?  Is my little Dallin really nine years old?  Oh my goodness, I don't know how I will ever forgive my kids for growing up so fast. 

Dallin had a great ninth birthday starting with an airplane ride first thing in the morning.  He then went to the Sweet Corn Festival Parade.  We had lunch at his favorite Pizza place in Snowflake and then went home, opened presents and had cake.  He requested a chocolate layer cake with chocolate frosting and gumballs.   Easy enough - but if any of you have a recipe for chocolate frosting that is fluffy and not too sweet, let me know, because I have been looking for years and have not found one that would satisfy me.  The one I tried for Dallin's cake was the most epic fail yet.  It was heavy, hard to work with and way, way, way too sweet.  Oh well, it got eaten anyway and I think Dallin had a good birthday in spite of the frosting fail.

Dallin is an all around great kid.  He is happy, athletic, smart, compassionate and confident.  He is a fantastic big brother and a big help to Jeremy and to me.  We love him with all our hearts and are so grateful that he is in our family.

No comments: