Next we went to Custer State Park, and drove the Needles Highway. It was incredible!! I will keep my writing to a minimum and mostly let the pictures speak for themselves. Just be aware, that I took a lot of these pictures through the windshield of my car, in the rain, so that is why some of them may look a little funny.
There were three of these narrow tunnels that we had to drive through on the Needles Highway. We were a little nervous about driving the suburban through, but when we saw a tour bus do it (basically scraping the sides as they went), we decided the suburban could make it without a problem.
The road was really narrow, with drop offs on the side, so you had to be really careful, but this is a beautiful ride that everyone should try to make at least once in their life. The following pictures should be proof enough, but they are nothing like being there in real life.
Day five was another amazing day that I will always remember!!

No comments:
Post a Comment