This last week we have been on spring break. Jeremy and I decided to take the two big boys on a trip to the Oregon coast. We went there on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. I have traveled all over the United States. I have been to Europe and Hawaii. I love those places and hope to be able to visit again, but I must say, the Oregon coast is my favorite destination.
We decided just to take Dallin and Thomas for a few reasons. We initially were going to go by ourselves, but as we got thinking about it we realized the hotel and rental car would cost the same, so it would only be the cost of plane tickets and a little bit of food. When I found a good price on airfare, I just couldn't resist and booked tickets for them. Secondly, I want my boys to see as much of this country as I can show them. Dallin and Thomas are old enough now to remember this trip and to appreciate the beauty of the Oregon coast. Finally, I find that when you are raising a big family, sometimes the big kids don't seem to get as much attention as the little ones. My littlest two are still with me all day and the three littlest require and demand a lot more attention than my oldest two, so it was nice to spend some time with my big boys and be able to focus on them for a few days, without any interruptions from the little ones.
I took a million pictures on this trip and in an effort to keep the pictures at a somewhat manageable amount I am breaking up this trip into days. Each day will have a separate post.
Day 1
We dropped off Jack, Drake, and Tad with Jeremy's sister, Emma, and headed to the airport. We flew into Portland and then drove to the coast.
This is some of the pretty countryside on our drive to the coast.
I love how green Oregon is, even before the deciduous trees are in leaves.
This was a little stop we took just north of Depoe Bay. We saw a few whales off the coast here. It was pretty cool.
This was a pretty bridge on the Otter Crest Loop. We also saw a bunch of whales here. Thomas says he saw a group of dolphins here too. I am bummed I missed that.
We stopped at Cape Foulweather. This is one of the prettiest views you will ever see.
More Cape Foulweather.
Thomas at Cape Foulweather.
Dallin at Cape Foulweather.
I think I took this picture at Devil's Punch bowl on the Otter Crest Loop.
All of us at Yaquina Head lighthouse.
One of the views from the lighthouse stop.
A final look at the beautiful Yaquina Head lighthouse.
We said goodbye to day one with a gorgeous sunset. It was a fabulous day!!
1 comment:
What a great place to vacation! You know how much we love Oregon! Seeing your pictures makes me want to go again (and Cape Foulweather is one of my favorite places as well)! And I think it was such a great idea to take your older boys. I'm excited to see more pictures!
Post a Comment