Friday, February 6, 2015

A Completely Random Post

Just putting up a couple of pictures of some of the snow we received a few weeks ago.


The view from the backyard


Thomas playing out front.

See - just because I live in Arizona, I do not get to enjoy year round warmth.  (I probably shouldn't mention that all this snow is now gone and our temperatures have been in the 70's all week.)

I finally took the pictures off my phone and found one that I thought I should post.


Dallin was a finalist in his school's spelling bee and got to go to the District competition.  That is pretty good for a kid that did not even study one word.  In fact, he didn't even tell me that he had made it to the school spelling bee.  I wouldn't have known except they had to postpone it for a day since we had a snow delay.  The school called to let us know that it had been moved to the next day.  Dallin is pretty low-key, and just doesn't need to toot his own horn.  I love that about him.  He is good at almost everything, but you would never know it to talk to him.  He is one of those lucky few that just has a quiet confidence.

I also found a couple of videos on my phone (really poor quality) from our trip to Disneyland several months ago.  As I watched them, they actually made me tear up a little.  They are a couple little snippets from the parade and of Drake waving at all the Disney characters.  These parades are really well done and Drake loved them.  While I was there obviously I thought it was so cute that Drake was waving at all the characters, that is why I filmed it.  But something about watching it after the fact when all the stress about money and crowds and keeping track of five kids in Disneyland is gone, I was just so glad that we provided him that experience.  Disneyland was just magic for him.  I think that five is the perfect age for kids to experience Disneyland for the first time.  So, I am including the video so you can see what I mean - just try to ignore my poor little phone's really bad video capabilities.


I have had several random posts on this blog through the years, but I think this one just may take the cake!


No comments: