First, getting out the Halloween decorations. I started this month with a case of the flu, so this year, I only got out two things. . .
My favorite 2x4 pumpkins.
And the Halloween quilt that I made last year. The boys still fight over it every day and it totally makes me happy. I love it when all the effort I put into a quilt is appreciated.
I kept the decorating pretty simple and boring, but when you start the month with a fever of 102 that is how it has to be.
Second, October means the end of soccer season for my boys. I am happy to be getting my Saturdays back, but a little sad, because I love watching my boys play. Here are a few final shots of them in action on the field.
Jack waiting for play to start.
Jack at goalkeeper. I am not sure that soccer is going to be Jack's sport, but it was only his first year, so we will see if he gets a little more into it next season.
Notice how the ball is heading the opposite way of the direction all the players are running? That is because Thomas just made an awesome kick sending it rocketing back towards the opponents goal. It was really cool and everyone in the crowd said a collective "Whoa!! Did you see that?!!"
This is Dallin muscling his way into the ball. He is a really good player and is not afraid to get physical with the bigger boys. His team was amazing. The coach had done a great job of drafting good players who worked really well together. It was fun to see them grow together as a team and play some good soccer. They were undefeated and were only scored on by one team all season. Dallin is going to miss the games, practices, and all of his teammates.
Now, we are just enjoying the nice Fall weather and hoping that Winter doesn't decide to come too early this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment