A couple of weeks ago, Tad had his second birthday. How can that be possible?!? I hate that my kids are growing up so fast.
We celebrated with brownie ice cream cupcakes. ( This was my choice. I decided that this was probably the last year that I would get to choose what kind of cake he gets, so I wanted to make something that I would actually enjoy, rather than cake that I don't like very much. And I did. They were divine!!)
This is the best picture I could get of him with the candle lit. As soon as we would light it, he would immediately blow it out. He is a total overachiever. :)
He opened presents with a little help at first.
He got the hang of it pretty quickly.
He loved all his presents, especially the trains!!
Playing with the birthday loot in the birthday mess. Good Times!!
Two years ago, when Tad was born, I remember looking him over for the first time and being so amazed at just how perfect he was. While we were expecting him, the doctor called me and told me that my triple screen results showed that he might have a neural tube defect. After ultrasounds, specialist visits, and two weeks of stress and worry, we finally found that everything was alright and that the lab had simply made an error. But, from that point on, I was a worried mess until he was born and I saw for myself that I had been blessed again with another perfect little guy.
In the past two years, my feelings have never changed, I still feel like he is just as perfect today as he was on the day he was born. We are all so grateful to have little Tad in our lives, even if he is growing up altogether too fast. Happy Birthday Tad!!
No comments:
Post a Comment