
I have to admit - I find Taylor to be a rather ugly town. Barren, old, dirty, weed-filled, etc. The view from my front window is a field of weeds with an old rusty car in the middle of it. It has been there for the entire four years that I have lived here. However, out my back window there is a view of an enormous tree. I have had a lot of time to observe this tree, as I have nursed my babies (yes - I have nursed all three babies in this house). I have watched this tree go from bare, to budded, to full of leaves, to autumn leaves, and back to bare again, several times now. I have watched this tree's branches go absolutely wild in the unbearably strong and persistent winds we get here. The other day, as I watched this tree through the snow, I thought about the moments of happiness it has brought me through the years and I just had to snap this picture. Whenever we end up leaving this house, I think the only things I will miss are the memories of our kids early years, our good neighbors and the tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment