Tuesday, January 27, 2009

10 Things to Prepare For When You Have Kids Closer Than Two Years Apart.


1. Prepare yourself to hear the phrase "Oh, you've got your hands full!", 6985400003234000217 times -usually from complete strangers.

2. Prepare yourself to have sweet older ladies to come up to you at the store and tell you that they had their kids close too and it was the best thing they ever did. (I really appreciated those ladies, especially after I had heard the phrase "Oh, you've got your hands full!" at least three times that day already.)

3. Prepare yourself to have two in diapers for awhile.

4. Prepare yourself to buy two of every toy that you plan to give to one of the kids.

5. Prepare to referee a few good fights.

6. Prepare to overhear some cute conversations.

7. Prepare yourself to clean up some unbelievable messes (two heads are better than one, right?)

8. Prepare to have two little best friends living in your house.

9. Prepare to be doubly challenged every day!!!

10. Most of all, prepare to have some of the happiest moments of your life be just watching those two little kids playing and laughing together.

I love you Dallin and Thomas, and I will always be glad that I had you so close. Even if I do "have my hands full!"

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Tonia!!

I found your blog again. Somehow I lost the link, and found it again today. I have joined the blogging world too, so stop by anytime. I love seeing pictures of your darling kids and hearing what is going on. It makes you seem not quite as far away. Next time you're out, let us know, and maybe we can get together! Oh, and I hope I can have two kiddies that close together someday. What a blessing!

P.S. Does Sandy have a blog?

The Hermyzoo! said...

I was blog hopping from my sister's Tamara Mowers and saw your blog title and knew I had to visit. I really enjoying reading so much. I was LOL as I read. I hear these all the time too. I have some little ones close together too. 9, 7,6, and then we had a HUGE break and then 17 month old and a 4 month old. I love it. I heard someone say the other day that when they get the saying,"you have your hands full," she replies "if you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!" I thought this was a perfect way to express how we really feel.