I know it is truly amazing, but I am making good on my promise to share my boys bathroom sooner rather than later. It helps that the pictures were already taken, so I just had to take a little time to put them on the blog. I apologize in advance for the picture overload, of a bathroom of all things. I guess it is just really important to me that you all know how this bathroom looks from every angle.(haha). Honestly though, this bathroom is long and skinny, with no natural light, so it is hard to photograph. Hopefully these photos will give you somewhat of an idea of what the room is like.
This bathroom is shared by the four youngest boys. Dallin has his own that I will share another time.
This is what the bathroom looks like from the door. See - - long and skinny.
This is a view from the door of the opposite wall. I didn't want this bathroom to be really "theme-y", so the first thing I did to get some decor in this room was make these signs with the initials of the four boys that use it.
I fell in love with these vanities online and was a little nervous that I wouldn't love them as much when they arrived, but they are great! One of these days I will get around to showing you how I organize the drawers. For now, there is not much in them, but I know in a few years the boys will need space for deodorant, razors, shaving cream, hair product, etc. It is nice to have room to grow - - so different from our previous house. I liked the shelves on the bottom of these vanities. I pictured some baskets under there, or possibly neatly folded towels, but I haven't gotten around to any of that. For now, one of them just holds a basket of tub toys for my littlest guy, and the other is empty.
This is the picture of the wall sconces I picked for this room. I love them, and think they go really well with the mirror frame.
Since this bathroom is so skinny, I couldn't get a full picture of the tub/shower, so I took it in two pieces. This is the front. I realize that the hand-shower is a different finish from the other faucets in this bathroom, but I had it on hand when money was running low at the end of construction, and I really wanted a hand-shower in here. It made helping my little boys wash their hair so much easier, and now that they don't need as much help with that, it makes cleaning the tub and shower surround much easier. I wouldn't be without it.
This is the back of the shower. After living with cheap plastic tubs and surrounds (all one piece) at our previous house and rental, I knew I wanted something better for this house. I am so happy with my Americast tub. It hardly has any texture on the bottom, so it is easy to clean and it is nice and heavy. I also love the tile surround. I found this basic square white tile and when Jeremy installed it I had him put an accent band of the blue glass tile around the shower. I love how it turned out and it is holding up great so far. I don't love the shower curtain in this room. I used it in the bathroom at our previous house and it worked really well there, but it isn't exactly the look I want for this room. The colors look ok though, and I like to keep it open all the time anyway to show off the tile in the shower.
I found this little piece of art at Marshall's to put over the toilet. I think the colors work well in this bathroom, and it is fun while I still have a couple of little boys left.
Here is another look at the wall opposite the shower. Towel bars don't really work for us, so I have installed hooks for the towels in our house. I find that towels are about a million times more likely to be hung up if my kids (and husband) can just put them over a hook really quickly.
For this room, I put different fabric loops on the boys towels so they can easily keep them straight.
Jack loves these hooks because they look like the letter J.
Now onto these shelves. I am sharing this picture so you can see that they are situated behind the door in the room.
Here are the top shelves. The white basket on top holds first aid supplies. The next basket down is obviously empty. (Yeah! Room to grow!) The next shelf down holds extra hand soap, and a basket of extra TP. And, as you can see the next shelf down holds extra towels.
From there you can see that we have a basket with extra soap, and extra hand towels. The white basket on the bottom shelf holds washcloths and extra shampoo. Finally, you can see that our little blue stool is tucked away neatly under the shelves, but it is easy for the little boys to get out when they need to brush their teeth, or wash up.
One more look at the bathroom shelves.
This is a look at the front of the bathroom from the shower area.
This is a look at the faucets that I chose for this bathroom. I put them same ones in my master bathroom. They are all metal with a high neck and so nice. I love them.
I also love the cross handles. They were something I knew I wanted and I was so happy when I found these.
For the sake of full disclosure, I have to include a picture of the laundry basket is in this room. I removed it for pictures, because it was getting in the way, but we need it in here, since this is where the boys change 90% of the time. Now if I can just get them to always get their clothes in the basket and not just in the general vicinity.
One last look at this cute bathroom space.
Well that was fun. If you made it all the way through this post you are a real trooper. Hopefully next time I will take less than a year to get pictures of another room up here on the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment