Tuesday, January 19, 2016

New House

Well, it has finally happened. We started moving into the new house on January 1st.  We are still in the process of getting boxes unpacked and things situated, but at least we are in.  We also still have a lot of things to finish before the place is officially done, but it was done enough  to move in and we jumped at the chance to get out of our little rental.

Before we moved in, I walked through the house and took a few pictures.  I will share them today, and I will share more pictures as the house starts to come together a bit more.




My new kitchen!!


The living room.  Those chairs don't go in there.  I currently have NO furniture for that room, except the piano.  I am hoping I can afford to furnish it soon.


The family room.  Obviously the fireplace needs to be finished and the floor is a complete mess in this picture.  The construction dust loved to stick to this particular flooring.  I went over it numerous times. My awesome sisters-in-law came over and spent hours helping clean up the construction mess, and they went over the floor a few times too.  It still looked like this.  I was seriously worried that I would never be able to keep this floor looking even close to decent, but after a few more cleanings it was finally clean enough to move in, and it has stayed looking pretty good.  So, I think it will work out after all.


This room belongs to Thomas and Tad.  Since Thomas didn't get his own room, we let him have first choice of roommates, so he chose Tad.


That left Jack and Drake to room together.  This is their room.  Very green!!  They chose the color and they love it - so I love it too. ;)


The main bathroom - minus mirrors.

 The main bathroom's tub/shower.  I love the tile in this surround. The accent tile is actually a dark blue, but it looks more black in this picture.


A picture of the whole room.  The four younger boys will share this bathroom.


This is a quick shot of Dallin's bathroom.  Obviously it still needs a lot of work.  I didn't include a shot of his shower since it isn't finished.


This is Dallin's room.  He gets his own as long as he keeps it clean.


This will be my sewing room/office.  Currently it is full of boxes and making me feel completely overwhelmed.


This is the dining area.  It is really a good size and I love it.

I didn't take pictures of the laundry room, mudroom, storage room, or master suite.  I will just have to share those when they are a little more ready to be seen.

We feel overwhelmed with all we still have to do to finish the house and get completely moved in, but we are so grateful to be in and we love this house.  It is perfect for us.

No comments: