Monday, October 13, 2014

Disneyland

Well, here it is - - the promised post on our Disneyland trip.  I really don't like Disneyland, and this trip reminded my why.  I just don't like such crowded conditions and waiting in lines - Ugh!!  It makes me kind of crazy. Luckily the week we went was not too bad, I guess it got WAY worse after we left.  I have a hard time understanding people who want to go to Disneyland for every vacation.  It is just too expensive in my mind and the geographer in me feels that there are so many places and things I would like to have my kids experience rather than having the fake Disneyland experience over and over and over.

Regardless of my feelings about the place, I still felt like my boys should experience going to Disneyland a time or two while they are still kids.  Ultimately, they had a good time and I think it was worth the expense - at least this once. ;-)

My mom and dad, and my sister and her family met us there, so it was a little mini family reunion which made it a lot more fun - especially for my kids.

So, here you go, a few pictures of  my kids and their cousins at Disneyland and California Adventure.











The older cousins at the little water park area at the hotel.

We also spent a day at the beach.  We took the Ferry out to Balboa Island and it was perfect.  The weather was just right, the waves were great and it was not too crowded.  We had so much fun there.  It was the perfect escape from the craziness of Disneyland.  I think my kids had at least as much fun there as they did at Disneyland.  Here are a few pics . . .












Good times all around!!

1 comment:

Taffy and Tony said...

Looks like a fun time! I love Uncle Burke's beach clothes, by the way!!!