Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thomas' Baptism Quilt

I made Thomas a quilt as a memento of his baptism day.  I started this tradition with Dallin and plan to continue it with all my boys.  I promised a few people that I would post some pictures of the quilt on the blog, so here goes...


This quilt was b-o-r-i-n-g to piece, but I think it turned out sooo great.  All those HSTs were worth it.  It is the perfect quilt for an eight-year-old boy!!  I wish these pictures did this quilt justice.  I seriously think it is my all time favorite that I have ever made.


It is backed with soft white chevron minky.  I like how the pattern reflects the arrows on the front.


I ordered and attached a label to help him remember his special day.


I quilted it on my machine in vertical straight lines and I am totally in love with the quilt and its cute owner.

1 comment:

Taffy and Tony said...

Amazing! What a great talent and a beautiful heirloom for your son!