Well, Thanksgiving is upon us again, which means it is time for one of my favorite things posts. This is where I post about a few things in my house that bring me happiness.
First...
I love fresh flowers in my house. My awesome husband brought these home for me on my birthday a few days ago, and I love how they just make the whole space seem happier. He would probably make sure that I always had some in my house if the budget would allow for it, but since it doesn't I pretty much get them for every important occasion (birthdays, mothers day, anniversary, every time I had a baby, etc.) and every once in awhile he will surprise me with some for no reason at all.
My magnetic chalkboard menu. This fills up the perfect spot in our kitchen and I think it is so fun. The boys think it is pretty fun too, so, it rarely looks quite this nice.
We recently revamped our teeny tiny laundry room and I am so much happier with it, but this little basket shelf is the best thing we did, and I plan on taking it to whatever laundry room we end up in after we leave this house. When I fold the boys clothes, they go in their designated basket and then the boys take them to their rooms and put them away as part of their daily chores. It makes laundry so much more efficient around here.
My Bernina sewing machine. My dad bought this for me as a graduation from college present. I am so glad he did, because I never would have purchased such an expensive one for myself, but I have used it and used it and used it and it still runs like new. In fact, when I went to pick it up after the last time I had it serviced, the technician kept telling me what a nice machine it was, and I had to agree. I love my Bernina.
Without that Bernina, this quilt would not have been possible. I pieced this quilt last spring and took it to a long-arm quilter to be quilted this summer. I love it. It is so cute and happy and the quilter did a great job on the quilting. I have this on my bed to keep me warm when Jeremy steals all the covers. ;)
Back in the days when I was working and had money to spare, I used nothing but Lancôme Defincils mascara. I loved it because it did not flake, or smudge - ever, but it came right off with just soap and water. Now, that we are living on an educators budget, $27.00 for one tube of mascara is out of the realm of reality. I am so glad that I discovered this Kirkland Borghese mascara from Costco. While it isn't as great as my beloved Defincils, it is darn close and for less than half the price per tube, it is well worth it. If you keep an eye on your Costco coupons, this usually comes up often for a nice big savings. Love this stuff!
And finally, I can't have a favorite things post without posting about my very most favorite things in the whole world.
These six people mean everything in the world to me. I am so grateful that I get to be their wife/mother. They are all extraordinary and I love them tons!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment