Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Trip to the Park

I try to post some of the more ordinary things we do around here.  I realize these posts are probably boring to read, (but I think I am talking to myself most of the time on this blog anyway.)  Years from now, I imagine I am going to want to remember the everyday stuff we did way more than the unusual stuff.  So, today, as we were heading out to the park, I grabbed my camera. 

We have spent countless hours at this park, but other than when the boys are playing their soccer games, I don't think I have ever snapped a single picture.  Today, I captured a little bit of our time there.

I realize this park is not the loveliest, but it is any easy walk from our house,  it has a long jogging trail around it, and it is where all of my boys soccer practices and games are held, so this is the one we frequent the most.



Tad doing a little wandering.


Dallin and Thomas having a little soccer scrimmage.


Thomas giving the ball a good boot.

 
Another cute picture of Tad.  He loves the swing.  I swear I could have posted 50 pictures of this kid.  Every single one of them was absolutely adorable.
 
 
And every single picture of this kid was blurry. You must be super fast on the swing Drakers.  (Or your mom is just not always great with the camera.)
 
 
Jack on the swing.  He played a little soccer with Dallin and Thomas, but spent most of his time right there on that very swing.
 
 
Dallin wanted me to capture his jump out of the swing.  I think this turned out to be about the worst jump I have ever seen him make, but the only one I caught on camera, so here it is.
 
 
 
They don't allow the kids to jump out of the swings at school, so I guess I am an overly permissive parent, but I used to jump out of the swings all the time.  It is great fun!!
 
The little boys on the walk home.    When I was expecting Thomas I agonized over spending so much for this double jogger, but it has seriously been one of the best purchases I ever made.  I knew it the second I took little Dallin and baby Thomas for their first walk in it.  I have used it with all my boys and it is just as great today as when we took it out for the first time.  If you are in the market for one, don't agonize, just do it.  I had to include this jogger in our park post, because it has logged a lot of miles to and from the park and around the park's jogging path, and we have loved having it along.
 
It was a good day!!

1 comment:

Taffy and Tony said...

Good for you posting the everyday stuff! I think you're right that we will want to somehow remember those moments. Your boys are so cute!