Thursday, December 29, 2011

Quilts for my Boys

For Christmas this year I decided to make quilts for all my boys and Jeremy.  Well, actually, I decided not to make one for Tad, since I had already made one for him this year, and I did not make one for Dallin because I have plans to make a special quilt for him for a big day he has coming up in 2012.  Dallin got a minky blanket for Christmas, just so he wouldn't feel left out.  These are some rather poor pictures of the quilts I made for the rest.


This is Jeremy's quilt.  He told me he didn't care if it had flowers all over it as long as it had minky on the back.  I obliged, and there are a few flowers, but I tried to keep them to a minimum.  The minky on the back is cream with brown circles.  You can kind of see it through the bottom part of the quilt.  I had to fold this quilt over quite a bit to get a picture on my clothesline.  It is a good sized quilt and I will never attempt to quilt such a large one on my machine again. It was really tough.

I stayed up until 3 am while Jeremy was on a business trip to Tucson in order to get this pieced without him seeing it.  A few days later while I was quilting it, he walked through the front door at 10 am and spoiled the surprise I had worked so hard to maintain.  I was angry the rest of the day.  I'm glad that he seems to love it so much.  I guess it was worth it after all.


This is the quilt I made for Thomas.  When he unwrapped it he was mad that it didn't have minky on the back.  I think he is still holding a grudge, but, as you can tell the quilt has already gotten plenty of use and needs a wash.


This is Jack's quilt.  I originally started making it for Tad, but Jack loved it so much that I decided to finish it up for him instead.  It is a cute sort of "I spy" quilt and Jack loves looking for the different things in the blocks.

This is the quilt I made for Drake.  He insists on snuggling up with me or his dad under it every night on the couch and then he has to take it to bed.  Drake, of all my boys, appreciates a good quilt.

I'm glad all of these are done and I think I will be taking a break from quilting for a month or two.

No comments: