Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bookshelves

My oldest boys' room is a constant struggle to keep clean and organized.  I want them to have a lot of books, but we had this book basket that was always overflowing and driving me crazy.  It was a big basket, and it seemed like the only books that were ever read were on the top.  I saw this idea, of using Ikea spice racks to shelve books on the wall and thought that would be the perfect solution to my book storage problem.  However, the nearest Ikea to me is in Tempe (three hours away), and they do not sell these puppies online.  Well - - my awesome sister-in-law, Margaret, heard that I wanted them and so she went to Ikea, bought them for me, and mailed them down here.  Super generous huh?!?  I painted them white and Jeremy installed them for me in the boys room and they really are a great solution to our problem.  I was surprised that the racks held all of our books from the overflowing basket and they are sooo much easier to access now.  I think they look pretty good too.  Thanks Margaret!  I don't know if you read this blog, but the world needs to know how grateful I am for your generosity!

P.S. She sent me two more racks as well, for the little boys' room.  We love them!

No comments: