
I have had a couple of requests for instructions on how to make the Oreo Pops that I made for Dallin's preschool class. So, here goes . . .
You will need the following:
1 package of Wilton Candy Melts (they have lots of fun colors)
1 package of long lollipop sticks
1 package of lollipop covers
(I got all of the above ingredients in the cake decorating section at WalMart.)
1 package of double-stuf Oreos
sprinkles
To make the pops:
1. Pour the candy melts into a microwave safe dish and microwave until slightly melted. Stir and place back in the microwave and repeat process until the melts are just melted. Set aside and let cool for about 5 minutes.
2. Insert lollipop sticks into the filling of the oreos.
3. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
4. Place the cookie in the chocolate and gently cover with chocolate using a spoon. Pull out of the chocolate and let some of the chocolate drip off.
5. Place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with sprinkles.
6. Repeat with remaining oreos.
7. Place in refrigerator to cool and then put in lollipop covers and tie with a ribbon. Very cute!!
**If you find that your cookies are falling apart when you dip them, you probably just need to let the chocolate cool a bit more. It the chocolate becomes too cool and hard to work with, then simply put it back in the microwave and melt it down again.
These are fun. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Thanks Tonia! I just bought all the stuff and I'm going to try it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
Post a Comment